1. As silicones are water–resistant, they are useful for water-proofing certain industrial materials. The polar Si-O bonds orient themselves near the surface and the organic groups present a water-repelling exterior.
2. They Are used as effective lubricants of very high and low temperature and as hydraulic fluids beacase of their viscous nature and thermal stability.
3. Silicones resins are used in the insulaton of electrical equipments and in electronics for printed circuit bords. They are used for the encapsulation of components such as resistors and intergrated circuit.
4. Highly viscous (Semisolid) silicones enclosed in biologically compatible pouches, are used for breast implant. They have physiological intertness and are thus suitable for such an application.
5. Those with smaller degree of cross linking are rubber like, they are called silicone rubbers. These are used as substituents or natural rubber in some products. They are also used for making gasket, valve seals etc. since it is highly flexible.
6. They are used for making high temperature paints.